T A R I F F S C H E D U L E
Date of Original Filing:
R. E. Polenske
ALL SERVICE AREAS
Cancelling A.C.C. No.
Tariff or Schedule No.
November 26, 1991
All customers served by Arizona Water Company.
To protect the public water supply in each of Arizona Water Company's water systems
from the possibility of contamination caused by backflow through unprotected
cross-connections by requiring the installation and periodic testing of backflow-prevention
assemblies pursuant to the provisions of the Arizona Administrative Code, Title 14, Chapter 2,
Section 405.B.6 as adopted by the Arizona Corporation Commission, and Title 18, Chapter 4,
Section 232, as adopted by the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality.
The customer shall cooperate fully with Arizona Water Company in its efforts to
investigate and determine the degree of potential health hazard to the public water supply
which may result from conditions existing on the customer's premises.
In compliance with the Rules and Regulations of the Arizona Corporation Commission
and the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality, specifically A.A.C. R14-2-405.B.6 and
A.A.C. R18-4-232 relating to backflow prevention:
- Arizona Water Company may require a customer to pay for and install, maintain, test and repair a backflow-prevention assembly if A.A.C. R18-4-232.B or C applies.
- A backflow-prevention assembly required to be installed by the customer under this tariff shall comply with the requirements set forth in A.A.C. R18-4-232.D and E.
- Arizona Water Company shall give any customer who is required to install and/or test a backflow-prevention assembly written notice of said requirement. If A.A.C. R14-2-410.B.1.a. is not applicable, the customer shall be given thirty (30) days in which to comply with this notice. If the customer can show good cause as to why he cannot install the device within thirty (30) days, Arizona Water Company or the Arizona Corporation Commission Staff may grant additional time for this requirement.
- Testing shall be in conformance with the requirements of A.A.C. R18-4-232.F. Arizona Water Company shall not require an unreasonable number of tests.
- The customer shall provide Arizona Water Company with records of installation and testing. For each backflow-prevention assembly, these records shall include:
- assembly identification number and description;
- date(s) of test(s);
- description of repairs made by tester; and
- tester's name and certificate number.
DISCONTINUANCE OF SERVICE:
In accordance with A.A.C. R14-2-407 and 410 and provisions of this tariff, Arizona Water
Company may terminate service or deny service to a customer who fails to install and/or test
a backflow-prevention assembly as required by this tariff.
In the event the backflow-prevention assembly has not been installed or fails any test and A.A.C. R14-2-410.B.1.a. is applicable, Arizona Water Company may terminate service immediately and without notice. The backflow-prevention assembly shall be installed and repaired by the customer and retested before service is restored.
- In the event the backflow-prevention assembly has not been installed or fails any test and A.A.C. R14-2-410.B.1.a. is not applicable, the backflow-prevention assembly shall be installed and/or repaired by the customer and retested within fourteen (14) days of written notice by Arizona Water Company. Failure to install or to remedy the deficiency or disfunction of the assembly, or failure to retest shall be grounds for termination of water utility service in accordance with A.A.C. R14-2-410